Care and Maintenance
Maintaining Your Carpet’s Beauty
– The best way to ensure long–lasting beauty, comfort and durability in your carpet is to vacuum it regularly, as it prevents soil from becoming embedded in the carpet’s pile.
– Depending on the type of carpet you have, you’ll want to use a vacuum with a rotating brush, a beater bar or suction only.
– When vacuuming high pile or premium soft carpets look for the following features that will allow you to easily maintain your carpet:- Adjustable Height – Use the highest setting where appropriate
- – Efficient Airflow – Avoid vacuums with very concentrated or sealed suction
- – Large Wheels allow the appliance to glide easily across the carpet
For more information on how to select a vacuum, click here.
- Consider professional cleaning every 12–18 months, depending on traffic and other use factors, frequency of vacuuming and whether the carpet is a light or dark color.
- Use scissors to clip sprouts and snags; do not pull them or you may damage the carpet.
- To remove a dent caused by heavy furniture, stroke carpet with the edges of a coin. You can also use a hair dryer or a steam iron to gently raise the dented area while you tug upward on the tufts. CAUTION: DO NOT LET THE IRON TOUCH THE CARPET..
- If your carpet is burned, remove the tops of the dark, burnt fibers with curved fingernail scissors. If the burn is extensive, the carpet may require patching or replacement.
- If a flooding occurs from a burst pipe, washing machine overflow or other leak, the carpet needs to be dried, front and back, by a professional cleaner with the proper equipment.
- This link can provide additional tips on maintaining the beauty of your carpet http://www.carpet-rug.org.